19 Nov You’re Invited! Ian Janes and Franks and Beans in Concert: A Benefit for the Regent Park School of Music.
Now that we’re finally able to enjoy live music indoors again, Vancestock and The Unicorn Project GTA are throwing a FREE concert in support of the Regent Park School of Music. This organization helps Toronto youth who are facing financial and other barriers to thrive through high quality music education.
Join us at the Imperial Pub (54 Dundas St East, Downtown Toronto) on Friday, December 3, 2021 for a show featuring Ian Janes, Vancestock X performer, and the Franks and Beans. Doors will open at 7 PM and the show will start at about 8 PM with Ian Janes and his band followed by Franks and Beans at about 9:30 PM.
Donations will be accepted at https://www.rpmusic.org/ways-
A tip jar will be available with all tips also going to Regent Park School of Music.
Imperial Pub is a full food service bar.
Applicable COVID protocols will be observed. Capacity is limited to 75 people. Proof of full vaccination is required.
We’d love to see you at this Cooper Mediation sponsored event. More details can be found below.
If you cannot attend this concert, we encourage you to make a donation nonetheless at: https://www.rpmusic.org/
Vance, Jon, Logan and the Cooper Mediation Team
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS
- Cause/ Beneficiary: Regent Park School of Music
- Performers: Vancestock X performer Ian Janes, and the Franks and Beans.
- Location: The Imperial Pub.
- Address: 54 Dundas Street East, Toronto, ON, M5B 1C7 (2 blocks east of Yonge).
- Date: Friday, December 3, 2021.
- Time: 7 PM (Ian Janes at 8 PM and Franks and Beans at 9:30 PM).
- Cost: Free (Charitable Donation required).
- Donations: Visit https://www.rpmusic.org/ways-
to-give (an email tax receipt is automatically generated).
- Tips: At the bar also going towards the Regent Park School of Music.
- COVID: Applicable protocols in effect with limited capacity of 75 people and proof of vaccination required.
ABOUT THOSE INVOLVED
REGENT PARK SCHOOL OF MUSIC
- The Regent Park School of Music is a community music school that gives 1,000 kids a rich and rewarding music education each year by removing financial obstacles. In addition to bringing music to kids in Regent Park and Jane-Finch, they also provide a music education to Indigenous students at Wandering Spirit School and young newcomers to Canada.
- Ian Janes is a talented Canadian artist, songwriter and producer from Nova Scotia. He writes and performs pop songs that are deeply influenced by soul, R&B and jazz. One of Ian’s songs “Can’t Remember Never Loving You” was prominently featured in the TV show “Nashville” as performed by the show’s two stars.
FRANKS AND BEANS
- The Franks and Beans is a Toronto-based band that is sure to have you dancing and singing all night long. They have perfected the art of performing funk-soul covers of pop songs through the ages, including everything from James Brown to AC/DC to Lizzo. The band is comprised of Logan Cooper (vocals), Aaron Murray (keys), Jon Abrams (bass), James Leone (guitar) and Corby Fine (drums).
- Vancestock has raised over $325,000 for Trails Youth Initiatives over 10 years. This has allowed for dozens of at-risk, inner city youth to enter the Four Seasons, Four Years, For Life program – a unique, outdoor, adventure-based program that supports youth through experiential learning, skill development, high school credits, bursaries and mentorship. Trails challenges and equips vulnerable youth to become contributing members of the community. This year Vancestock X raised over $36,000 For Trails and donations will be accepted until December 31, 2021. All donations over $20 receive a tax receipt via email.
THE UNICORN PROJECT GTA
- The Unicorn Project GTA is focused on providing support for Canadian artists through the creation of opportunities to perform live. The Unicorn Project GTA’s YouTube Channel is a collection of captured musical moments that illustrate the local music of Toronto. It features performances by Toronto musicians and those passing through.
- Cooper Mediation (CMI) is a highly respected and sought-after Toronto-based firm offering mediation and arbitration services to Ontario clients. CMI was founded by Vance Cooper after he transitioned out of his legal practice to focus on mediation. Building a strong reputation for his tact and ability to handle complex matters for more than 35 years. He has been an in-demand mediator for almost 20 years. Serving as a trusted mentor to Jonathan Cooper and Logan Cooper, who joined CMI in 2014 and 2017, respectively, CMI has grown to have a mediator for all types of matters and for every budget.